Life without Mr. Hubby for 5 days

Mr. Hubby and I spend every day together. We can do the same stupidity to each other every single day but never get bored with each other. Many people have said that it’s healthy for couples to sometimes spend some time apart. But I don’t think I’ll ever want to be apart from Mr. Hubby. Today is one of the most dreaded day of my life because Mr. Hubby is travelling to Seattle for 5 days for a conference. I can’t imagine my life without him. Let’s see how I’ll survive without him by my side for the next 4 days.

Day 1 (17/02/2016)
I went directly to work after sending Mr. Hubby to the airport in the morning. Mr. Hubby told me not to go to work and just take some days off. I told him I would most probably feel much better if I have something to do. After class, I had lunch with a few of my students. They later came to my house to hang out (with each other mostly). They played poker cards for 2 hours while I was just going around my house, looking for things to do. They left at about 6pm, and I continued to do some household chores. I ate bread for dinner since I wasn’t feeling hungry. It was really quite a boring day for me because I couldn’t “torture” Mr. Hubby. I tried to annoy  a few friends by sending either long messages or weird stickers/emoji. I think they would soon start to hate me. 3 more hours before the plane lands in Seattle. I want to stay up til 2.20am but I’m not sure if I could. Well, that’s basically my very-normal-and-not-so-productive day. I’ll check in again tomorrow. 😛

Day 2 (18/02/2016)
I actually planned to sleep until 10am today since I didn’t have any classes today. Unfortunately, I woke up at 7+am because my nose was itchy (sinusitis problem). I tried to return to sleep but I just couldn’t fall asleep so I decided to just wake up and do some work at home. I washed the clothes, went through some invoices and had a short chat with Mr. Hubby before he went to sleep. Then I went for a facial session at 11am, and picked my sister from the airport at 3pm. My sister and I had lunch at the mall next to my place. The plan was for both of us to do shopping at Paradigm Mall, but we decided that we were just 2 lazy bums so we headed home to sleep. We woke up at 7pm, went for dinner at 8pm, went to collect Mr. Hubby’s book from Times Bookstore, went to clinic to get my medicine and then reached home at 10pm. Mr. Hubby woke up from his sleep and we chatted for about an hour about our activities for the day. Today was again not very productive because of lack of sleep and the attack of sinusitis. The whole day I felt that my brain was not working very well and couldn’t really concentrate. But, I guess I was not as bored as yesterday because I did “real chores” instead of just walking around my house aimlessly. Haha. Let’s see how my day will go tomorrow.

Day 3 (19/02/2016)
I again had only about 5 hours of sleep yesterday and had to wake up early for my classes today. Left work at 12pm, came home to pick my sister and we went for lunch together in Pasta Zanmai. Initially, our plan was to go directly to Mitsui Outlet Park directly after work, but I had to go to the bank and I got hungry suddenly, so I decided to just go to one of the nearest malls around my place and the only proceed to Mitsui Outlet Park. When we reach MOP, it was already almost 4.30pm and it was raining crazily. The mall was quite empty, nothing much to buy. I knew it was going to be jammed if we were to return around 7pm, so we decided to just have our dinner before heading home. Reached home at about 9.30pm, chatted with Mr. Hubby for a while and showered. Pretty lame, my day. Haha. I think I’m surviving quite well. After all, I’m basically doing nothing except hitting the malls!! Will check in again tomorrow!

Day 4 (20/02/2016)
Today, my sister and I went to One Utama for shopping. In order to avoid the crowd, we went there rather early at 11am. It wasn’t jam but the parking was already filled with cars and we had to park at Level 5. Today’s activity was only shopping. I’m personally not a fan of One Utama because the structure of the mall is rather confusing. I got lost the last time I went there. And we got almost got lost today too. Hopefully I won’t get lost in future in this mall. We went back home at about 6pm. Took a fast shower and went for a foot reflexology session together. It was my sister’s first time getting her feet massage. It was quite funny that she was feeling a bit excited and nervous at the same time. 😀

Day 5 (21/02/2016)
My sister’s flight was at 12.10pm. We went to Paradigm Mall in the morning at 10am because she wanted to get something from Innisfree, which we didn’t see it in One Utama yesterday. I dropped her at the airport at about 11.20am, went to Citta Mall to grab some bread and reached home at about 12pm. I got a text from my sister, telling me that there was no information for her flight. She went to the information counter twice to check her flight schedule, the staff wasn’t helped but simply shrugged her off by telling her that the information was correct. At last, when my sister started getting angry, this very unhelpful staff (still talking on the phone) checked her flight information and found out that actually the flight was actually re-scheduled to an earlier slot at 10.20am. Funnily, my sister didn’t receive any information via phone, text or email. They had to reschedule her to the next flight which was at 5.20pm. I went again to the airport to pick her. At 4.15pm when we were already leaving to the airport for the n-th time, we received a text saying this flight will again be delayed to 5.50pm. It was a horrible day for my sister, because I think she didn’t expect such unfortunate situation would occur to her. By the time I came home, it was about 5.15pm and I started cleaning the house, and fixing some of the cables and furniture which I have been procrastinating since don’t know when. It’s almost 10pm now and I’m waiting to go and pick up Mr. Hubby.

Verdict: How well did I survive?
I think I survived rather well because I basically did nothing much except shopping. Ironically, I do have things which I have to do but I just didn’t feel like doing them. Luckily my sister was here to accompany me, if not, I think I would have been really really bored. I think it’s good to have some “me” time once in a while but I don’t think I need 5 days worth of “me” time. I think half a day will work great for me. I personally prefer to have someone next to me so that I can annoy them with whatever stupidity I can come up with. Hahaha! 😀

Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to my sister for spending 4 days with me in KL. I had a great sister-bonding time with you.

And, another BIG THANK YOU for Mr. Hubby for buying me the Kate Spade & Michael Kors bags. ❤



Share your thoughts here! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s